Thursday, February 4, 2010

Silas = 4 Months

Littlest Billingsley is four months old.  Silas, in my opinion, is the most adorable baby boy in the universe.  He is strong.  He is never quiet or still.  He has a natural mini-mohawk.  Caleb affectionatly refers to it as 'youth pastor hair.'

He smiles, rolls over, squeals, grunts, and drools all the time.  
He eats very often.
He weighs 13 lbs, 12 oz. He's almost 25 inches long.  
He refuses to drink from a bottle and don't you dare try to give him a pacifier. 
Thankfully, he's a pretty laid back guy.

He always wants to play and loves to be held.  But not a snuggly type of held, oh no.  He likes to be held sitting upright and facing out, so he can see everything.    
He is not what I would classify as a great sleeper.  He was a great sleeper for about a month.  Now he wakes up 4 or 5 or even 6 times a night.  I always have luck nursing him right back to sleep, but it's still exhausting.  I think he just wakes up to make sure I'm still there.  He is, after all, a big fat momma's boy.  I don't mind.  Just look at those eyes!


You know, some people use these, these or this to get eyes like those!

4 comments:

Allison said...

Silas is one handsome little guy! I love his eyes.

Shannon Leigh Anderson said...

Oh my goodness! He looks just like Caleb!!! I love his EYES!:)

Stephanie Trapp said...

Sounds a lot like my little man when he was that age...waking up 4-5 times a night, never still or quiet, and likes to be held facing outward. Silly boys! He's just precious and his eyes are AMAZING!

The Kiefers said...

I agree, quite the handsome little guy!! Can't wait to see you guys again sometime! I'm thinking this spring we need to rendezvous at some outlets somewhere between the two of us :) What do you think?