Friday, February 19, 2010

Nella's Birthday Party

We had a little party to celebrate Nella's 2nd Birthday.  We had some family and friends over to our apartment.  I made a banner (Nella 'helped') with some paper that I had on hand.  I also decided to set up a 'cupcake bar' with different flavors of cupcakes and icings, and a variety of toppings. 



I think everyone enjoyed creating their own cupcake.  I did make some 'fancy' brown sugar cupcakes with brown-butter icing (the iced ones on the right).  I thought they were so delicious.  (The recipe is from Martha Stewart). 

Singing Happy Birthday to the Birthday Girl.

  
 Present time!


What could this be?


 I see a baby.


She was so excited!


Thanks Papa & Nana!


  
No birthday party is complete without a meltdown.
Ready for bed. 

She got spoiled with lots of lovely gifts.  She got to see her grandparents, cousins, aunts, and friends.  She was the center of attention.  I think she had fun day.

3 comments:

kimberly said...

1) I LOVE the birthday sign
2) Nella's Hello Kitty shirt is precious
3) as is her excitement matching her doll, ready for bed.

The Stone Family said...

Wow - 2 already. Makes me realize that Owen is getting close also. Ughh. Why is time moving so fast? I remember all our pregnant talks. Miss those days! Your party looked amazing.

Stephanie Trapp said...

Looks you all had a great time! LOVE the birthday banner! I may have to try those Martha Stewart cupcakes. Yum!