Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Pumpkin Muffins

Pumpkin is a pantry staple for me during the fall and winter seasons. I love any foods with pumpkin! These muffins are my favorite. They may not be the healthiest muffins around (hello, sugar!) but they are moist and delicious. [I made the mini muffins for Nella. :) ]


Ingredients:
1 1/2 cups flour
1 tsp baking powder
1 cup pumpkin puree
1/3 cup vegetable oil
2 eggs
1 1/4 cups sugar
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt

Directions: Preheat oven to 350F.
1. Whisk together flour and baking powder in a small bowl.
2. In a large bowl, whisk together pumpkin puree, oil, eggs, pumpkin pie spice, sugar, baking soda, and salt until smooth, then whisk in flour mixture just until combined.
3. Fill muffin cups until about 3/4 full. Bake 25 until golden brown and a tooth pick inserted into center comes out clean, about 25 minutes.
4. Cool & enjoy!

I sprinkled a little bit of cinnamon-sugar onto the tops before baking. Mmmm.
The recipe is from Gourmet Magazine (they're ceasing publication next month) but I found it posted here.


I still have lots of pumpkin to use up. I'm thinking I'll make pumpkin pancakes, pumpkin cookies, pumpkin pie, pumpkin oatmeal, pumpkin milkshakes, pumpkin spice bread, pumpkin soup, pumpkin . . .

5 comments:

The Kiefers said...

Yummy! I make some like this with chocolate chips. I also have a recipe for pumpkin cream cheese muffins I want to try... so I'm all about ways to make them even more unhealthy, ha!
Also, how in the world do you find time to bake with a toddler and a new baby?!? You must be SuperMom!

Courtney said...

I shall make these. And enjoy them!

SarahFae said...

Those sound great! I have a cheater method in case you're interested. It's actually a weight watchers recipe (2 pts each) so I'm guessing it's semi-healthy and we love them!

1 box spice cake mix
1 can pumpkin
1/2 cup water

Mix all ingredients and bake for 20-25 min at 350 or until done. They're, of course, even yummier with cool whip on top. And did I mention...easy. Although I'm going to guess they're not quite as yummy as yours!

kimberly said...

oooh, i need to make these! i made an orange pumpking pie last night and have left over pumpkin...

Unknown said...

Those look good, KB. I made some pumpkin cupcakes with cream cheese icing last night. They are to-die-for. Maybe I'll post the recipe.