Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Chicago Date Weekend - Segway Tour

Last weekend we dropped the kids off with Granny and Grandpa and headed to Chicago for a date weekend. I highly recommend weekend getaways. They are just marvelous. We're fortunate enough to have sweet friends who live right in the city and let us stay with them (I refer to it as Hotel Sattayatam). Our weekend was so fun and relaxing.

On Saturday, we decided to be super-nerds and take a Segway tour.  

Do you want to know the best way to see a city that you've already seen hundreds of times? On a Segway, that's how. 

'Insert your favorite Gob Bluth reference here.' 

It was so fun! It was surprisingly tricky to get the hang of. They can go a lot faster than I was expecting.

It was sunny but cold. Typical of Chicago in March.

We don't mind being super-nerds. 

The tour was so fun and I'm so glad that we decided to do it. If you find yourself in a city that offers a Segway tour, I recommend that you go for it.

1 comment:

Stephanie Trapp said...

How fun! I'm 99.9 percent sure I'd crash into something if I rode one of those though. :)