Friday, January 1, 2010

Keli's Reading List


Here's my reading list for the year. Caleb's is not finalized yet.

In addition to ESV's Chronological Bible reading plan, I'll be tackling these titles:

Idols of the Heart: Learning to Long for God Alone - Elyse Fitzpatrick
Adopted for Life: The Priority of Adoption for Christian Families & Churches - Russell D. Moore
Repairing the Ruins: The Classical and Christian Challenge to Modern Education - Douglas Wilson
Total Truth: Liberating Christianity from Its Cultural Captivity - Nancy Pearcey
Nickel and Dimed: On (Not) Getting by in America - Barbara Ehrenreich
Big Truths for Young Hearts: Teaching and Learning the Greatness of God - Bruce A. Ware
The Photographer's Eye: Composition and Design for Better Digital Photos - Michael Freeman
The Hidden Art of Homemaking - Edith Schaeffer
The Lord of the Rings - J.R.R. Tolkien

The list may seem short, but for me it's some hefty reading. And "The Lord of the Rings" is three books, three books!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Big Truths for Little Hearts - you will not regret reading that book to your kiddos. Very good. And the ESV chronological reading plan is phenomenal. Again you will not be disappointed.

Stephanie Trapp said...

The only one on your list I've read is Total Truth and I loved it. I've been wanting to read Big Truths for Little Hearts so I'll be interested to hear what you think about it. I'd also like to know how you like the Edith Shaffaer one. I tried reading another one of her books and her writing style drove me crazy! So much so that I just finally quit reading it after a few chapters. Hope this other book is different. Happy Reading!

Courtney said...

I have nicked and dimed if you would like to borrow it :)